Skip to main content

Malcolm Shaw & Son Ltd.

Malcolm Shaw & Son Ltd.

Home
History
Services
Our Fleet
Arranging A Funeral
Contact Us
Links
How To Find Us
History
Malcolm and Alfreda Shaw below


Malcolm Shaw was born at 'Springfield Villas' Strines Road, Marple, on 27th November 1895.    In later years he married Ethel Alfreda Marshall (Originally from Norfolk), she arrived  from France where she had been working as a Nursery Governess to an Army Major and his family during World War 1, and arrived in Marple to work as a Nursery Governess in Strines for a Family.  Malcolm worked as a Chauffeur also in Strines for a family, they met, courted and eventually married.  They moved to Church Lane, Marple.





Below: Malcolm and Alfreda with family and Friends



Mr. J. T. Pott, owned the 'Bull's Head Taxi Service', and when he retired, Malcolm bought the Taxi Company from him, the family then moved to 'Whirley House, Church Lane Garage, Church Lane, Marple, Where they ran the Taxi Service, Wedding Car Service and Funeral Service.


Below Left to Right:   Photograph of Malcolm Marshall Shaw as a child , Photograph or Malcolm stood outside 'Whirly House', Church Lane Garage and one of the original business cards.




Malcolm and Alfreda Shaw had three Children, Betty Shaw, Malcolm Marshall Shaw and Barry Shaw



Malcolm Marshall as a young man originally trained to be a mechanic at Woodford, he worked in the Garage at 'Whirly House' repairing cars.  In his spare time he joined a Dance Band and played the Drums as a hobby where he met Sheila his wife.


In 1959 his father passed away and Malcolm Marshall took over the family business at the age of 24 years together with his other Alfreda.  Malcolm Marshall and his wife moved to a terraced house on Willow Grove, and had two children Malcolm Mark Shaw and Stephanie Jane Shaw


Malcolm Mark Shaw Joined the company in 1982 and runs the company with his Father today